Dickens of A Christmas – Food Vendor Information
Saturday, December 7, 2019 from Noon to 4pm
The festival WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SNOW
Please do your best to provide enough food and/or beverages to sell from Noon to 4 pm on Saturday, December 7. Depending on the weather, we expect between 1,000 and 1,500 guests throughout the day, so think in terms of 200 or more servings per vendor.
• Concessionaires agree to maintain the Victorian theme of “Dickens of a Christmas” by offering food/ beverages in keeping with the era and to wear period costumes/garb.
The Dickens Committee can help with costuming. If you and your staff need ideas or clothing items, check the Costume Help box on the agreement form and our volunteers will contact you with more information.
• Electricity is provided. You must bring your own extension cords. You may need up to 100′ of cord.
• Please provide proof that you carry your own liability insurance with the appropriate documentation, and include it with your food concession agreement. For questions concerning insurance, please contact Jeff Weber, Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Food concessionaires are responsible for obtaining a TEMPORARY FOOD PERMIT from the Kent County Department of Health and its Environmental Health Services staff. For information and forms, click here. We recommend filing your application by November 8 to ensure compliance.
• The Town of Chestertown has a ban on plastic bags. Please use paper bags.
Dickens of a Christmas accepts no responsibility for loss due to weather, damage, theft, or lack of sales.
1. SET UP/BREAKDOWN
Vehicles: You must display your Vehicle Access Pass in order to access the Food area during set-up and break-down.
SET UP is from 9:30 – 11 am. After 11 am the 200 block of High Street will be closed to all traffic and you will no longer be able to bring in supplies and equipment by car.
You will be provided with a heated concession space under cover, two 8’ tables, and two padded chairs. You must bring your own extension cord (up to 100 feet) for any electrical hookups.
Please unload as quickly as possible and move your car to the designated vendor parking lot in the 200 block of Cannon Street.
BREAKDOWN starts at 4:00 pm.
2. VENDOR PARKING
Place your Vehicle Access Pass on your dashboard. Use the public parking lot in the 200 block of Cannon Street. There will be a sign designating the lot.
3. SPACE ASSIGNMENTS
You will receive a packet by MID NOVEMBER, showing your space/s, along with a Vendor Access Pass for the dashboard of your vehicle.
We hope you have a wonderful time. Thank you for participating!
For additional information, please contact:
Barbara EsmondeChair, Food Concessions